Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Two NEW Yarns from Manos del Uruguay!

Manos has come out with two new yarns, and I couldn't be more excited!

First up is Fino an elegant and refined blend of super soft merino and luxurious silk.  This lightweight yarn is perfect for heirloom accessories or luxurious garments, think Knitbots Featherweight!  Fino uses a new dyed process that produces complex subtle tonal colors.  I grabbed a skein the minute this was delivered and made two cowls, this was a dream to knit.  Seriously soft!  I get the goose bumps when wearing the cowl I made for myself, the Honey Cowl on Ravelry.  This sport weight yarn carries a whopping 490yds/100 gram skein.

Fino

Next is Alegria, which means "joy" in Spanish.  Alegria is an easy-to-care-for yarn is pretty amazing colors which are handpainted to create a color explosion in every skein.  This is the perfect choice for socks, baby garments or fingering weight accessories.   The fingering weight yarn carries 445 yds/100g skein in a washable merino/polyamide blend.  I'm sitting here staring at my skein dreaming of the possibilities, another soft yarn from Manos!  I'm off to search Ravelry for the perfect pattern for my Alegira!

Alegria

Happy Stitchin'



No comments: