Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Knitting Project

I like to watch the Super Bowl, it's somewhat of a family affair, chili simmering, weenie dogs for apps, and brownies just in time for half-time.  Like most of you, I'm sure, I need to knit while watching TV especially sports.  I have to admit I did take a break from knitting to watch the commercials!  This is the twisted rib cowl I knit up while watching Super Bowl XLV.  I used Shokay Yak fiber, which is such a wonderful and soft yarn to knit with and to wear.  Too bad I will not be wearing this one, it's a gift for my Aunt.  But, I will be making one for myself soon only in a beautiful turquoise color.  Did you knit during the Super Bowl?  If so, tell me what you knit in the comments below, even better post a picture to Stash's facebook page.  As you know, I love show and tell!


Here's the pattern so you can make one too!

Yarn: Shokay 100% Yak yarn 164 yds, one skein

Needles: US Size 9 16" circ

CO 83 sts, join for working in the round being careful not to twist.

*K2, P2, repeat until piece measures 9 inches.

Bind off LOOSELY!

I did use a German Twisted Cast-on for this cowl.  This cast-on is very elastic and is perfect for cowls, socks, gloves, and hats.  Here is a video tutorial from "theknitwitch"  posted on Youtube:  German Twisted Cast-on
Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

angela said...

I am still working on that scarf for my hubbie. *sigh* At first I was telling him it wasn't cold enough for a scarf just yet, but now it's proven I am just a slacker! <3

Angie
www.moresugarthanspice.com

Kris McLay said...

I worked on a pair of socks - let's just say that next week's Fix Your Mistakes class can't come anytime too soon.

Kris McLay said...

Just tried the German Twisted Cast-on for my latest go round with my Super Bowl socks - boy is it nice!

Thanks, Miss Crystal!