Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sunday Sling

 I finally brought out my sewing machine and started sewing again!  I forgot how much I love following a pattern, using amazing fabric, and having a great bag in the end!  This is the Reversible Sunday Sling by Amy Butler.  I've had my eye on this pattern ever since it was delivered to the shop.  This bag could truly hold everything, even make a great weekend bag.  My intention for it is a diaper bag for a good friend who is having a baby in August.   I used Joel Dewberry Aviary 2 fabrics for the bag, it was hard to decide which of his amazing colorways to use, until my friend mentioned something about turquoise, orange, and white in the nursery.  Then it was an obvious choice!
 Check out all the pockets!  This would also make an awesome project bag
 The outside pockets are perfect for holding needles.
I love the tie straps!
The pattern that started it all

No comments: